Thursday, July 12, 2007

notMySpace: week 4.2

OK, I decided to suck it up and join MySpace for the sake of the assignment. That part about "invite Library Learning 2.0" made it hard to move forward without doing this. But it wouldn't let me join! First, as a joke (and a test of what I encountered with NING) I tried entering my birthday as 2/31/06 and it wouldn't let me in. The first few times it didn't say why, but on the third try I changed the date to 2/28/06 and got an error message:

We’re sorry. Based on the information you have submitted to us, you are ineligible to register on MySpace.com.

So then I corrected the date, making it 2/28/54 and I got the same error message. Am I now too old? That's ok by me.

I tried, I really tried, but I can't say I'm too disappointed that I couldn't register.

No comments: